edited by Liz Grzyb
Scheherazade?s One Thousand and One Nights stories have captured imaginations for a millennia. Fairy tales and fables abound, telling of the fantastic and mysterious, the comic and dramatic.
This anthology will explore romantic Orientalism through a speculative fiction lens. You might find lost cities, magical lamps, mummies, thieves, intrepid explorers, slaves, robotic horsemen, noble queens, sorcerers, outcast princes, harems, dancers, djinn, assassins and even smart-talking camels and cats, set in exotic Persia, Egypt, Arabia, the Ottoman Empire, or a modern incarnation of these. More information on the exact mysteries contained will be revealed shortly.
18 stories by:
- Marilag Angway "Shadow Dancer"
- Cherith Baldry "The Green Rose"
- Alan Baxter "On A Crooked Leg Lightly"
- Jenny Blackford "The Quiet Realm of the Dark Queen"
- Jetse de Vries "Djinni Djinni Dream Dream"
- Thoraiya Dyer "The Saint George Hotel"
- Joshua Gage "The Dancer of Smoke"
- Richard Harland "The Tale of the Arrow Girl"
- Faith Mudge "The Oblivion Box"
- Havva Murat "Harmony Thicket and the Persian Shoes"
- Charlotte Nash "Parvaz"
- Anthony Panegyres "Oleander: An Ottoman Tale"
- Dan Rabarts "Silver, Sharp as Silk"
- Angela Rega "The Belly Dancing Crimes of Ms Sahara Desserts"
- Jenny Schwartz "The Pearl Flower Harvest"
- Barb Siples "The Sultan's Debt"
- Pia Van Ravestein "Street Dancer"
- DC White "A Dash of Djinn and Tonic"